There is almost exactly 48 hours until my plane will be taking off from Vancouver to head towards London. This means that in less than two days I’m starting the 62 day trip that I’ve been looking forward and counting down to for the last 4 months.
Today I thought I’d answer a few questions that people ask me in almost every conversation about my trip.
- Where are you going?
- I am going to England, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece
- How long will you be gone?
- 62 days or almost 9 weeks.
- Who are you going with?
- For the first 16 days my Mom Suzanne is going to be with me. The last 6 and a half weeks I’ll be alone.
- Wait?! Alone?! How are your parents okay with that?!
- First My parents trust me to make good decisions. And I’m 19 years old. Most people my age go to college some on the other side of the country for 8 months out of the year.
- Have you ever been to Europe?
- Nope. Never.
- Have you ever traveled alone?
- Nope. Never.
- What’s the longest you’ve been away from home?
- 2 weeks. I’ve gone to a lot of summer camps but I’ve never really been homesick.
- What have you been doing to prepare for the trip?
- I attended a lot of classes at the Rick Steve’s Europe store in Edmonds Washington over the last few months. I’ve also watched a LOT of youtube and travel videos as well as just talking to everyone and anyone who will listen or will have insight. And a lot of travel guides.
What other questions might you have about my trip? Thank you to everyone who’s been checking this out!!!