It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of makeup, on most days I have enough in my purse to do my makeup in the car or anywhere, a few different ways. And when I was on my trip this was still happening. When I left I had one small bag of makeup. I came home with about 3 bigger bags. Most were things I couldn’t get at home but some were just impulse buys.
Before my trip I kept looking online for a list of things to bring and what I found was a lot of “I bring only these 2 things because it’s all I use” and for a lot of people that’s great! If you only use mascara and lip balm then just bring that. If you don’t use anything then don’t bring anything! But that’s not who I am. I bring more than most people bring on vacation when I’m spending one night at a friends house. But if you’re travelling for more than a few days and you have to carry everything with you well, makeup isn’t light. It adds weight and when you fly often times products are too big to be carry on, or you at least have to remember to put them in a bag before hand and if you forget you spend 10 minutes digging through to find all the liquids and creams.
First my advice: Bring the minimum daily things and then one or two products that you can use to dress up a look or wear for going out. Bring things that you know you like. It’s not neccesarily the time to try out new things. If you want to try something new wait until you get there and buy something you can’t get at home. That’s always an option!!!
Now for what I’d bring if I did it again:
- My favorite right now is the L’oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation. Bring one that’s not in glass! Also make sure you know it works well. I brought one that I’d just purchased and after a few weeks it wasn’t working how I wanted and I just needed a different one.
- My suggestion when it comes to this stuff is to get either one palette that has a few different things or to get something like a z-palette that you can put a few different colors you like in it. The other nice thing is you can put your eyeshadows in here too! But really none of this is neccessary
- Just bring one you like that will last all day.
- Again just bring one you like
- I had a pen eyeliner and that was it. It worked well
- Bring your favorite!
- Either pick a few you like and put them into a z-palette or get a small shadow palette that has good everyday colors.
- I just brought a eyebrow gel and that was fine for me! If you do more to yours go for it!
- Lip Balm
- This is my #1 don’t forget thing. I ran out part way through and was very sad.
- I went way overboard here. Just bring one or two that you like. Nudes are probably best but a good red or brighter color is good for a night out!
- Lip Liner
- If you’re not a fan of lipstick or want more of a range bring a few lipliners. You can bring about 5 in the space it’ll take for 2 lipsticks and topped off with a balm they’re not too different.
Here’s my real advice though. Just bring what you feel comfortable with. If you want to suck it up and just carry that extra weight do it! If you aren’t big on doing much just bring the few things you do use. If you don’t want to bring any and you want to buy a ton there do that! It’s fun to look at what they have and try new things! And you can always throw things away and repurchase them later.
A video/slideshow thing will be coming soon once I finish it!